About the IPSF
is a not for profit organisation for educational purposes designed to foster the development of the sport of Pole Sports throughout the World. The IPSF offers institutes and individuals who desire to
join in membership for the advancement of pole sports, an opportunity to participate and contribute to that growth. These purposes are fulfilled through the following aims and objectives.
- To perpetuate, improve, and extend the sport of pole sports throughout the world.
- To stimulate the interest of people in healthy sport participation through pole sports.
- To supervise and administer a continuing pole sports programme for the purpose of stimulating interest and developing athletes through careful preparation and planning, utilising existing facilities, resources, and coaching.
- To unify and coordinate, the efforts of all agencies interested in promoting pole sports, and permit all interested parties to have a voice in the development of the sport in the entire world.
- To create and maintain research projects that will benefit all parties interested in pole sports.
- Set in place a format that will be accepted by international governing sporting bodies such as The Olympic Committee which will be recognised as being a high level of excellence for pole sports members around the world.
- To encourage each country to contribute to and adopt our criteria and have a national federation offering the same high level of support to their own pole sports athletes, judges and supporters with our sponsorship.
- To establish an effective means of communication for the transmission of useful ideas whereby coaches and athletes will be informed of the latest developments and techniques in Pole Sports.
- To give prompt attention and consideration to valid suggestions on how to improve the conduct of administration in pole sports throughout the world.
- To maintain records and disseminate information pertaining to all phases of pole sports.
- To train and certify competent pole sports officials.
- To raise money and finance improvement in the sport of pole sports.
- To operate exclusively for educational and charitable purposes.
- To follow and actively support the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and its principles and goals.
What we do
The IPSF is working towards the improvement of safety standards, rules and regulations, competition criteria and judging within the pole sports industry. Working with leading pole sports members around the world; the main priority is to develop and implement the rules and regulations of the sport including everything from anti-doping, health, safety and welfare to training and education for coaches and officials.
We believe in order to reach high standards we must set the bar high. We are aiming to have pole sports recognised as a sport nationally and internationally around the world so we can have our athletes compete in high calibre sporting environments.
We also offer an accreditation programme to national federations and organisations who hold championships within their own countries. This will give them the right to show they are an organisation of sporting excellence and their winning athletes will automatically be eligible to enter the WPSC.
The IPSF is committed to improving and developing the sport from grassroots right through to podium and we are proud to run a competition structure that meets the needs of athletes who wish to have their sport taken seriously.
By having a balanced number of leading members of the pole industry on the steering committee, the IPSF can grow to become THE leading authority on pole sports around the world.
By introducing our youth division we will be nurturing and preparing athletes of all ages for the world stage by investing continually in promoting our main overall goals. We will need to ensure we have excellent coaches and officials and are able to offer expertise that is the best.
WORLD POLE SPORTS CHAMPIONSHIPS LONDON JULY
If you support what we do, share the same ethos, have a passion for Pole Sports and are willing to help, then why not join us. Your regular support allows us to achieve more every
If you have a few hours a week to spare, can help out at one of our competitions, would like to judge or become a committee member, then all you need to do is contact us, we'll be delighted to have you on board!
Newsletter now online
World Record Attempt
Congratulations to everyone that took part in the Pole 4 Life World Record Attempt. We are collating the information over the next month and it will be anounced at the WPSC14 if we have been sucessful or not World Record
World Pole Sports Championships
Tickets go on sale for the WPSC14 as well as applications open for qualified athletes on 1st March. The championships will be held on 19th and 20th July York Hall, Bethnal Green, London. Tickets